Responsibilities Educating the public on specific health risk and healthy living strategies.
• Assist individuals and communities to adopt healthy behaviors.
• Serve as counselors, provide information on available resources, provide social support and informal counseling to the masses.
• Provide services such as first aid and blood pressure screening. While also collecting data to help identify community health needs.
• Advise clients or community groups on issues related to improving general health, such as diet or exercise.
• Advise clients or community groups on issues related to risk or prevention of conditions such as lead poisoning, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
• Advise clients or community groups on issues related to self-care, such as diabetes management.
• Conduct outreach for medical personnel's or health organizations to promote, maintain, and improve individual and community health.
• Keep a lookout for people who show signs of developing a serious condition.
Requirements and Skills As a PHO, your insights are important for shaping healthcare policies and making health care facilities available for every you're assigned to hence the following requirements are key:
• A Degree in Public health, Environmental health, Emergency medical service, Microbiology, Nutrition, or a related concentration.
• Prior experience in related field.
• Indispensable knowledge about the challenges faced by patients who seek healthcare.
• Ability to draw attention to health concerns that pose as threat to human lives and property
The service of a public health officer is needed to coordinate and
combine The resources of health care institutions social service
organizations public safety and other health agencies to enhance and improve environmental and occupational health Selected candidate will work as a freelance public health official whose job will be centered on making health care available for humanity
Selected candidate will be trained and ensured fit by all standards of emblic health service and regulatory practices. To apply submit a softcopy of your resume and passport photograph or call 09061970589